How to Remove a Print From Hoodie: 3 Easy Methods
If you want to remove the print from any of your hoodies, you've come to the right place. You are going to discover the best methods to remove prints from your hoodies. A good way to give a second life to clothes you still want to wear.
First Method: Use Acetone
Acetone is a great solution for removing hoodie prints, but you must take certain precautions to avoid damaging the fabric. Here are the steps to follow.
1. Choose a well-ventilated area to start as acetone can give off unpleasant fumes.
2. Make sure the hoodie is clean and dry before you start. If it is dirty or wet, the print may stick to the fabric more.
3. Protect the surface on which you are going to perform the operation with paper or a cloth under the hoodie.
4. Start to gently soak a cloth with acetone, you must avoid spilling it on the fabric and only touch the print.
5. Gently rub the acetone-soaked cotton or cloth over the print. Apply light pressure, but do not rub too hard to avoid damaging the fabric.
6. If the print is very stubborn, you can add a little more acetone to the cotton or cloth while continuing to be careful with the fabric.
7. Once the print has been removed, machine wash the hoodie in cold water to remove all traces of acetone. Do not use hot water if you want a perfect result.
Since acetone can be harmful to some fabrics, we recommend starting this method on a small area first.
Second Method: Parchment Paper and Iron
This method is gentler than the first two and is suitable for vinyl prints. You will need parchment paper and an iron to use it. Here are the steps to follow.
1. Preheat the iron to a medium temperature. Do not set it to the hottest temperature, as this may damage the fabric.
2. Place the hoodie on a flat surface and protect it with parchment paper. Make sure the print you want to remove is covered with parchment paper.
3. Place the iron on the parchment paper and apply light pressure for about 10 seconds. Do not leave the iron on the fabric for too long, as this may burn the fabric.
4. Remove the iron and carefully remove the parchment paper. If the print has not been completely removed, replace the parchment paper over the print and repeat until the print is completely removed.
5. Once the print has been removed, machine wash the hoodie in cold water to remove any parchment paper or print residue.
Note again that this method is mostly used on prints that have been heat applied such as vinyl and transfer prints. Do not use this method on screen prints that have been applied cold. As with the first method, we recommend that you start on one part of the hoodie first.
Third Method: Remove an Embroidery
We give you a bonus method if you want to remove an embroidery, either on your hoodie or on another garment in your wardrobe.
1. Remove visible embroidery by hand by cutting the threads of the embroidery with a pair of thin scissors. If the embroidery is dense, you can use tweezers to grab the threads and remove them one by one.
2. If the embroidery thread is thick, you can use a thread trimmer to remove the embroidery more easily. Slide the blade of the thread trimmer under the embroidery threads and pry the stitches loose.
3. Once you have removed the visible embroidery, you can remove the remaining traces. You can do this with an iron and a damp cloth. Place the damp cloth over the area where the embroidery was and run the iron through the cloth for about 30 seconds.
4. Then remove the cloth and use a spatula or plastic scraper to gently scrape off the glue residue. Be careful not to damage the fabric.
5. If you are unable to completely remove the glue residue, you can gently use acetone or isopropyl alcohol to clean the area.
6. Once you have removed the embroidery and glue residue, machine wash the hoodie in cold water to remove all residue.
It is important to note that removing the embroidery can damage the fabric. If you are not sure if you can remove the embroidery yourself, it is recommended that you hire a professional to do so.
Removing print from a hoodie may seem like a difficult task, but with the right techniques and products, it can be accomplished easily. We hope the tips and tricks in this article will help you get the results you want and enjoy your favorite hoodie again.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it in seconds using the buttons below. It helps us in our work. You can also enjoy 5% off all our products with the discount code "Blog". Thank you and have a nice day.
Leave a comment